
"There is something I must tell you that only a very few know. I tell you this and will not hold you to your acceptance if this news causes you to change your mind" Raam said gravely.
"What is it Raam?" Arianna asked seeing the look on his face and becoming concerned herself.
"Know that if you accept the role as my wife and Baroness you are also accepting the role of mother to my two children. The boy is just short of his second year and the daughter not yet a year old. They were born out of wedlock. I am going to raise them as my children, alone if necessary. I would be honored if in becoming my wife you would be their mother."
As Raam finished the request he closed his eyes for a moment as if bracing for a physical blow.
After a long moment of silence Arianna looked up at Raam, sighed and smiled.
"You are speaking to one raised as a bastard child. My father, Lord Varn, took me in when I was 5 years old. I have a soft spot in my heart for a man such as yourself" she smiled and leaned in to kiss him again.
Now understand that the fine sword you carry will forever remain sheathed in a single scabbard lest it be lost to you. If we understand that, then I stand by my acceptance."
"You have my word" replied Raam who looked as if the weight of all of the water in the Tuskwater had been lifted from his shoulders.