Friday, December 10, 2010

Requirements of the Job

Kressle hefts her gear thoughtfully and grins. "I knew you were not such an idiot as you seemed to be. You had me well and fooled Chase. I am with you, though I still think you have more horn than brain up there. I saw how you handled Dovan saving Karina. It was reckless and foolish. A damned fine shot. Karina is lucky to have a father -- that can shoot as straight as you."

Chase smirks at Kressle, "Well this was not my original plan or idea honestly I never wanted to come back to this area, but my god has plans for this region and I realize that certain members of this new Kingdom are a bit naive in how the world really works." Chase then looks down at the almost white Worg pup looking up at him, "Yes, even you little one are smart enough to realize the harsh realities of life better then the likes of Balian and Zuhair."

As he feeds pieces of a deer meat that he killed earlier that morning to the little white Worg pup he causally watches Kressle strip and put on her new leathers, "Keep I mind this don't not change my feelings on the settlers, they are more important then some need for gold and glory, with out the settlers and families settling this land we wont have anything, this is what the Stag lord and Marson's limited view could not grasp."

Chase could hear Kressle sigh, "I know you think differently, but in order for this Kingdom to thrive in order for us and Karina to thrive we need the settlers." Chase looked up at Kressle as she put her axes on her weapon's belt, "Though as in everything I realize that some will be lost to wilderness, thus is the way of nature, but those that work hard and build their family here will be rewarded with Erastil's protection as well as my own." and with that he fixed Kressle with a deadly stare, "The shot I took that killed Dovan was not a lucky shot it was one guided by my faith in Erastil and I can do it again if I find someone defies my or his edicts, do I make myself clear?" Kressle pauses a minute and looks at Chase as if to say something then nods.

When all of a sudden outside they both turn their heads to what sounds like a mountain of metal crashing to the ground. “What in Pharasma’s dagger was all that?” Kressle starts moving to the tent flap as Chase stands up putting the white Worg pup on the ground leaving it licking the blood from it’s mouth, “Probably that buffoon Balian playing knight again.” As Chase moves next to Kressle he reaches back and dumps out the sack that was sitting on the bed letting the whole haunch of the deer he carved up fall to the ground. As all five Worg pups to start yelling, “Meat, Meat”, Chase looks back at them tearing into the carcass and then smacks Kressle on the ass, “See if you can teach those pups some manners.” and quickly slips out the tent, leaving an angry looking Kressle gripping one of her hand-axes glaring at his back.