
The sky was dark, complete with Thunder and the promise of rain. Kalladar had paused in his work on a new spell and pulled out a bottle of Firewine with a few glasses. He had the feeling he would have company soon.
“Mip”, Kalladar thought to his familiar, “please do not eat any more of the herbs. They are hard to find”. Mip made a sound, that Kalladar knew was a laugh,
“You will have more, master. Now, it is time for my mid-evening nap”. Kalladar looked outside and noticed a squad of outriders approaching.
“This should be interesting”.
“You will have more, master. Now, it is time for my mid-evening nap”. Kalladar looked outside and noticed a squad of outriders approaching.
“This should be interesting”.
Shortly afterwards the front door is opened by an Outrider who looks around quickly then leaves. The door opens and Chase walks in. Chase walked up to the table setting down what seems to be a rather ornate leather bound chest on the counter.
"Kalladar, I have need of your eleven wisdom in a matter of some ancient texts."
“A puzzle? I am intrigued.” Kalladar undid the leather bindings and carefully reviewed the stone tablets inside the chest. “This will take a while. I can read the tablets, but the dialect is old. I will have to do research. What do you hope to find here?”
“I located these tablets near a shrine to Erastil. I seek this knowledge to better serve him.” Chase pulls out a pouch and sets it on the table. “This is to help with the research”
“Lord Chase, although I do ask for recompense when I craft items, I do not require funds for research. I do appreciate the offer. Knowledge is a reward in and of itself.”
“You have my thanks then, Kalladar. Let me know as soon as you have something”
4 months later . . . . . .
Chase entered the shop and headed straight to the study. Kalladar had sent word earlier that day that he had a significant discovery.
“Kalladar, you sent for me?”
“Yes. I have made a discovery. You may find it interesting, and Erastil will probably be pleased.
“I knew I came to the right person. What did you find.”
“I discovered that the tablets are in fact magical, although the magic is limited. It was required that I seek methods to unlock the magic of these two objects. Now that I have, it is quite remarkable. The first tablet speaks of a Bow of Erastil. I had to correlate the data in the tablet with histories in the area, and cast several divination spells to make certain.”
“Very good. Have you discovered the location?”
“The Bow of Erastil will be found in a vast region of the plains that historically has belonged to centaurs. That should be to the East of here. The second tablet tells of a Quiver of Erastil. Historically, this Quiver was owned by the Saint of Isam. However, I have discovered that it was actually gifted to a low-born disciple and lost long ago. It is said he was part of a group of travelers that tried to cross the Tors of Levenies and was lost in the mountains there.”
“To bring these back into the light will revitalize the church. You have done a great service and this will be remembered.” After Chase had retrieved the tablets and had been gone for some time. Kalladar opened the bottle of Firewine. He poured himself and Mip a portion, sat in his overstuffed chair, and pondered the future.