24th Calistril
As I sit here writing this to you Uncle the last drop of the brandy I took from the store room slips down my throat, it’s warmth flowing through my body giving me a pleasant tingle all over. I also hear the groans from the other bar patrons as Zuhair has just finished delivering another sermon on the wonders and majesty of Saranae. As much as I had come to admire and like Zuhair, I didn’t have the heart to tell him that preaching to a room full of barflies this early in the morning is not conducive to spreading your religion. In fact what Zuhair doesn’t realize is that the only reason they are all here is that I would bribe them with free wine to attend, but as bad as some of his fiery sermons were even the alcohol was becoming not enough to lure these sots into the bar for a dawn lecturing on the wonders of Saranae. Once Zuhair is done preaching to his inebriated flock, we will both head out for some breakfast. I will finish my letter to you after we eat since that is when I will discuss with Zuhair where we will be off too next.
28th Calistril
Well, Uncle sorry for the delay in finishing my letter you but, I guess when fate has something in store for you it doesn’t hesitate so you can write a letter. Quite a bit has changed since Zuhair and I left the bar in Restov to go get some breakfast and to discuss our next move. We left the bar when we were commanded by th local cit guard to follow them, I became worried at first but since they never choose to relieve us of our weapons I went ahead with them. They led us to he city jail where upon entry Zuhair grabbed hold of a strange looking halfing that was trying to escape. The Halfling turned out to be an elf named Fisalellenelvial "Fizzle" Lanliss who had shrunk himself using some strange concoction he cooked up while locked up in the city Jail.
The guards then took the three of us to one of the main city buildings =, it seems the Sword Lords in Restov were commandeering young adventurers and issuing writs for them to become officers of the state to clear out bandits to the south. The three of us were basically informed in no uncertain terms it was either accept the writ and duty it prescribed or end up in jail. So we the three of us stocked up on supplies and headed south, I mean really I had nothing better to do what better way to disappear from the Swordlords then to go into land that is not really controlled by the Swordlords
We travelled about four days south of Restov to a little Fort.Trading post run by a man named Oleg’s Trading Post. Only one thing interesting happened in our journey to Oleg’s. About 2 days into the journey we ran into a Half-orc travelling with a halfing they were pretending to be bandits and failing horribly at the job. I branded them both with the symbol of Cayden and gave them a gold each for their crossbows. Then we sent them north to Restov. I told them to contact our friend Dakell who run the Bar their that we used to supply with rare liquors. I was hopping they would find honest work instead of trying to their hand at banditry which would just end up getting them or some innocent killed. Well, it’s getting late and supposedly we are to start hunting for Bandits in the morning, give my love to mother and let Silva know I’m ok and not to worry.
Your nephew,
Theo.